Do you want to make something new and unusual from the most everyday products? Then the national Spanish cuisine will come to the rescue. Tortilla is a modern word that sounds in many restaurants and cafes. In fact, this is a stunning dish of simplicity, a symbiosis of potato casserole and omelet, served in a peculiar, unusual Russian man's form.
Tortilla classic recipe, or Tortilla de patatas
- 600 grams of potatoes;
- 5 eggs of chicken;
- 200 ml of olive oil( can be replaced by vegetable oil);
- 1-2 tooth.garlic;
- 1 pc.onion.
- Wash and peel the potatoes in thin slices. In a deep thick-walled frying pan, heat the olive oil and dip the cloves of garlic into it, lightly fry them and remove from the dishes. In the hot fragrant oil, put the potato slices. Fry( or rather, put out) vegetable slices until soft and light blush.
- Add the bulb to the frying pan, chopped into small cubes, fry until transparent. Stir the vegetables and mix. After that, pour the contents of the frying pan into a colander to make the glass oil.
- Eggs should be thoroughly mixed into a homogeneous mass. Dip the potatoes into them.
- Fry the frying pan, adding a little vegetable oil, and pour the egg-potato mixture into it. Fry until light crust appears. After this, the omelette must be turned over using , using a lid or dish, and put it back on the pan. When the second side also gets a ruddy crust, reduce the heat and keep it for a while, so that the middle is baked. Although this is an amateur: for example, the recipe of tortilla in Galicia( one of the regions of Spain) suggests a slightly liquid filling.
How to serve
A ready-made potato tortilla is served as a garnish to meat or fish or independently, and is also used as a filling in sandwiches, appetizers and canapes. It turns out a very tasty, satisfying dish for a casual table.
Another Spanish tortilla
The principle of creating this overseas dish is quite simple and understandable. Further, as with any dish in the kitchen, improvisation begins, the addition of your favorite ingredients, spices and seasonings, variations in cooking methods. Let's try another recipe for tortilla.
- 300 grams of potatoes;
- 5 eggs of chicken;
- 1 tomato;
- 1 pc.onion;
- 100 grams of peas canned;
- 50 grams of corn canned;
- 60 ml of olive oil;
- pepper ground, sea salt to taste.
- Potatoes and tomatoes should be cut into thin slices, and onions - in small cubes.
- Slices of potatoes grate with sea salt and fry with the addition of 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the onions and mix thoroughly.
- Eggs lightly beat up with salt and pepper. Add in them fried vegetables, as well as tomato slices, corn and peas.
- This recipe of tortilla suggests baking it in an oven. Therefore, the form with a high border should be greased with oil residues and poured into it a mixture of vegetables and eggs. Bake for 25-35 minutes at 160-180 degrees. A hot tortilla to serve on the table, sprinkled with finely chopped greens.