Carrying out repairs requires the use of a large number of various building materials. In order to calculate correctly, how many rolls of wallpaper, tiles or laminate panels are required, you must first find out the area values of the room. However, not all consumers know how to calculate the area of the room correctly.
Tools for working with
To make independent measurements, you will need the following tools:
- calculator for calculating measurements.
With their help, you can make a preliminary calculation. The area of the room is calculated independently by measurements. The values obtained must be recorded on paper. The calculator is necessary for the accuracy of the calculation of measurements.
Calculate the area yourself
The work process is fairly easy. Any person can handle it. How to calculate the area of a room independently, without resorting to the services of specialists?
The basic process of work
- Calculate the value of the area of one wall. To do this, use the roulette wheel to learn the meaning of its length and width. The obtained data should be multiplied among themselves.
- In the same way, you need to calculate the area of each of the walls in the room.
- To get a general value, it is necessary to combine all the data obtained.
Measuring the area of openings in the room
How to calculate the area of the room, if the total value is already known? It is necessary to calculate the total value of the area of all the protrusions and openings in the room.
- We measure the length and width of the window opening. The obtained data are multiplied among themselves.
- We measure the values of the sides of doorways and also multiply.
- Find the total amount of all data received.
Measuring the value of the area of depressions
If the design of the room implies the use of niches and grooves, you should also calculate their area. The formula for the measurement is the same: the product of the sides.
If the room uses several niches and grooves, you need to know their total area. To do this, it is necessary to summarize all the obtained values of the areas of depressions.
How to calculate the area of a room if all the required values are found?
To do this, from the total area obtained as a result of the first product, you must subtract the value of the area of all openings in the room. The resulting value will be the area of the room.
If the room has niches and grooves, the calculation must continue. To do this, to the obtained value of the area( taking into account the window and door openings), it is necessary to add the total value of the product of the area of the depressions.
We calculate the meter
We learned how to calculate the area of the room correctly. However, in some cases, when carrying out repairs, you need to know the size of the room. You can also calculate it yourself.
The main stages of the work:
- The calculation is done along the walls of the room. Therefore, it is recommended to release them first. For this, there is no need to completely empty the room. In many cases, it is enough to move objects to the center of the room.
- Measuring the length of the wall. This will require a tape measure. It is applied to the corner of one of the walls and fixed. Leading the tape measure along the wall to its end, find the value of the length.
- The resulting value should be recorded on a sheet of paper.
- In the same way, it is necessary to find the length of the second wall.
- The resulting data should be multiplied with each other. You can use the calculator to do this.
The data found is the room's footage.
To find the area of the room, it is not necessary to use the services of specialists. The procedure is fairly simple and completely accessible to everyone. Following the proposed recommendations, you can easily and in a short time to get the necessary values of the area of the room.