Physiological breathing is necessary for a person for gas exchange, it is done involuntarily. Inhalation and exhalation occur sequentially, at regular intervals.
For speech ordinary breathing is not enough. For reading aloud, a monologue requires a large volume of air, respiratory reserve and economical expenditure. Management of these processes occurs in the respiratory center of the brain. At first, consciousness and will are necessary for the development of speech breathing. Then the speech breathing becomes organized and involuntary.
Proper breathing is breathing through the nose. Breathing with the mouth is harmful, threatens with diseases of the tonsils, respiratory system, thyroid gland.
Nasal breathing ventilates the lungs, has a beneficial effect on the blood vessels of the brain, protects the lungs and throat from dust and cold air.
Respiratory exercises are used to treat the common cold, pharyngitis, laryngitis, bronchitis, neuroses, bronchial asthma. Exercising
The main thing in performing the exercises for the development of respiration
In the speech breathing sequence is as follows: inhalation short, pause, long exhalation. The sound is produced when you exhale. Therefore, to establish the voice and speech, it is important to improve the long exhalation and properly use the air. Correct speech breathing should be trained.
Exercises for the development of breathing for children are carried out in three stages:
- Strengthen the intercostal, abdominal muscles and diaphragm to form the mouth breathing.
- Separation of nasal and oral expiration in children.
- Perfection of speech breathing.
Basic rules for performing breathing exercises:
- Classes should be conducted in a ventilated room.
- Duration of training is 5-10 minutes.
- The pace of training, the number of exercises should be dosed. It is important that the child does not get tired. It is better to add one new exercise per day.
- It should be ensured that the child does not take a big breath, does not strain his neck and shoulders.
- It is necessary to teach the child to feel the movements of the abdominal muscles, intercostal muscles, the movement of the diaphragm.
- Proceed to the next stage of the exercises, only if the child is properly performing this stage.
- Follow the oral exhalation with a sheet of paper, brought to the lips, or cotton wool laid on the hand.
Exercises to strengthen the muscles and form a long exhalation.
Lower-respiratory breathing. If a child has physiological respiratory pectoral( upper-clavicular), then using the method of imitation, it is necessary to connect the lower rib cervix. To do this, put your palm on the baby's belly, just above the waist. A pen on your child's stomach. The child will imitate, and breathe like you.
"Full belly".In this exercise, learn to breathe in a lot of air, so that the tummy becomes as round as a ball. Exhale slowly and smoothly. Do the exercise 3 times a day for 10-15 times.
Exercise for the separation of nasal and oral exhalations
If the child breathes correctly and calmly with his nose closed, you can proceed to the following exercises.
The purpose of these lessons is to teach the child to feel the difference in the direction of the air jet.
Alternation of smooth exhalations through the mouth, then through the nose.
- First try breathing your nose with your mouth wide open.
- Close the right nostril with your finger, inhale and exhale. Change the nostril.
- Inhale through the mouth, exhale through the nose. Then inhale through the nose, exhale through the mouth
Jerky exhalations through the nose or mouth.
- You need to breathe in with your nose, and breathe out intermittently, jerking through your mouth.
- Open mouth openly and inhale intermittently.
- Breathe in through the nose, exhale through the corner of the mouth.
- You can alternate jerky and smooth exhalations.
Exercises for the development of speech breathing
At this stage, you need to learn how to distribute the exhalation during the conversation, and then take the air. Exercises are the separation of exhalation into several equal parts of the air volume.
Exercise with the use of syllables. Syllables of consonant and vowel sounds must be pronounced in one breath, evenly, loudly, abruptly. The number of syllables in the exercise can be gradually increased.
Exercise with pronouncing phrases. Take a deep breath. On exhalation consider aloud a direct or reverse count. You can call the seasons, the names of the months, the days of the week.
Exercises for the development of breathing for children with air intake. These exercises are necessary in order to learn how to replenish the air reserve during pauses unnoticed by the interlocutor. Use exercises for counting, tongue twisters, poems. The child must first learn the text. Then tell, picking up the air after each line. The palm of the child is put on the chest to control breathing.
Exercises for the development of breathing and voice
These exercises are necessary to form a strong, sonorous voice, smooth pronunciation. They form the child's auditory control and the skill of voice. Training of hearing is needed to distinguish the sound of musical instruments. Training of voice strength is necessary for the ability to use the voice loudly, moderately or quietly.
"Walking on the ladder".Syllabic combinations must be pronounced, lowering, then raising their voice. The hand with the voice rises and falls down.
"What is this beast?".The onomatopoeia of a dog and a puppy, a duck and ducklings, a sheep and a lamb, a cow and calf, a chicken and chickens, a goat and a kid.
Reading of poems, fairy tales. To read it is necessary with an expression, changing loudness of a voice and a timbre depending on semantic content of the text.
Phonetic charging. Sounds, words, syllables, phrases must be pronounced, changing the height and strength of the voice, intonation.
Exercises for the development of breathing and voice contribute to the clarity, intelligibility and brilliance of speech, the development of sonority and melodic voice.