During pregnancy, most medications and other medications for a woman are not recommended. However, the expectant mother more than others needs useful substances, and colds and infections often "cling" to her. Therefore, she often has to go to a doctor or other sources of information to find out what can be used for certain pathological conditions. Today, let's talk about whether it is possible to take therapeutic fats during pregnancy. Consider the most popular fats - fish and badgers.
Fish oil in pregnancy
Fish oil is the main source of polyunsaturated fatty acids omega-3, which are vital to the body. The human body can not independently produce this useful substance.
Omega-3 fatty acids are needed for the production of prostaglandins - substances that participate in the regulation of many physiological functions of organs and systems. In particular, they are necessary to maintain a normal level of blood pressure, blood clotting system, digestive system and kidneys, synthesis of some hormones,
In addition, fish oil during pregnancy has the following positive effects:
- prevents the development of allergic reactions, to which the woman is particularly prone in this period;
- helps to cope with the manifestations of late toxicosis, prevent premature birth;
- reduces the symptoms of depression and irritation;
- improves intrauterine nutrition of the fetus, which increases its weight and reduces the risk of a baby with underweight;
- ensures correct development of fetal bone tissue;
- has a positive effect on the formation of the eye retina and vision in the child;
- strengthens the baby's immune system;
- in the case of diabetes maternity reduces the risk of his inheritance by the child.
However, despite such a number of beneficial properties, fish oil during pregnancy should be taken only as prescribed by the doctor. Like all remedies, it has some contraindications:
- gallbladder disease, including sand and stones;
- chronic renal failure;
- thyroid disorders.
In addition, there are certain features of the intake of fish oil during pregnancy. Firstly, this substance is a mild anticoagulant, so its administration in high doses increases the risk of bleeding. Secondly, it should not be taken to women with hypotension( low blood pressure), as it helps to reduce pressure. Third, an overdose of vitamin A, which is very much in fish oil, can lead to severe developmental disorders of the fetus. And, fourthly, fish oil contains a large amount of vitamin D, which greatly improves the absorption of calcium. Excess of calcium, however, like its deficiency, is very dangerous for the future mother. In the case of an excessively large amount of calcium, a woman may develop kidney disease, and, in addition, it can lead to difficult childbirth.
But all of the above complications are possible only with self-intake of fish oil in large doses. Usually, this fat during pregnancy is prescribed by a doctor at a dose of 300 mg per day. It is taken for a short time, which is determined by the doctor. In no case can you take fish oil on an empty stomach, as this can cause severe upset stomach.
Badger fat during pregnancy
Healing properties of badger fat have been known for a long time. Thanks to the presence of biologically active substances, it increases immunity, improves protein metabolism, has a bactericidal effect, positively affects the digestive system and improves the general condition of a person. Badger fat is especially effective in the treatment of bronchitis and tuberculosis. Also known about its wound-healing properties, so it is successfully used for various skin lesions.
Regarding whether it is possible to use badger fat during pregnancy, there is no unified opinion. Traditional medicine insists on its safety during this period. But the official medicine does not recommend the active use of this fat, explaining this by insufficient study of its influence on the course of pregnancy and fetal development.
In any case, it is advisable for future mothers not to take badger fat inside, it is better to use it only externally.
Here are a few recipes for the use of badger fat in pregnancy:
- With bronchitis, pneumonia, colds. The breast cage should be smeared with fat and covered with a film on top, then with a warm kerchief. The compress is held for 2-3 hours, after which it is removed, the skin is toweled and wrapped. Another treatment option is to rub the skin of the breast and between the shoulder blades with fat, wrap it around and leave it so overnight.
- For burns and wounds. Wounds and burns are pre-treated with hydrogen peroxide. Then, the fat is applied to the affected area and left untouched. Carry out the procedure twice a day.
- Mask for hair loss. Melt a spoonful of tea honey and a tablespoon of badgers' fat, add onions of tea juice of onion and burdock oil and 10 drops of essential oils of mint and cloves. Mix everything and apply it to the roots of the hair for two hours. Then thoroughly wash your hair with shampoo and rinse.
Contraindications to the use of badger fat are allergic dermatitis and individual intolerance. In case of oral administration, contraindications are added to liver and bile duct diseases during the exacerbation period.
Healing fats during pregnancy can help a woman cope with many diseases and conditions. But still, it should be remembered that although they are not related to medications, they should not be self-appointed. This should only do a doctor for certain indications, correctly choosing the dosage and duration of treatment.