Many mothers have repeatedly heard that it is very useful for a baby to regularly perform exercises that promote the development of fine motor skills of
What is fine hand mechanics?
Fine hand mechanics - the ability to perform precise, coordinated movements with hands and fingers. To the child was able to perform the exercise for the development of fine motor skills, his muscular, bone and nervous systems should work synchronously. Teachers and psychologists have long established a direct relationship between the level of mental development of the baby and the level of development of his fine motor skills of the hands. Therefore, it is recommended that young parents begin to conduct elementary exercises with a baby, as soon as he shows interest in the things around him, and begins to try to grab and pull them to himself. At this stage, the mother can massage palms and fingers to the baby. And when he grows up and can sit on his own, it will be possible to develop his fine motor skills with the help of games and special toys.
It is impossible to overestimate the importance of the timely development of fine motor skills. Children with developed motor skills are better functioning of the nervous system, attention, memory, perception, assiduity and speech. You ask, and here it is? What is the relationship between the ability to communicate and perform manipulations with small objects? It turns out that in the brain, the speech and motor centers are located side by side. And with the activation of the brain area responsible for the fine motor skills, the speech center stimulates. It has long been noted that the sooner the kid begins to play regularly games for the development of fine motor skills, the sooner he begins to speak, his speech more quickly becomes intelligible and diverse. And the development of fine motor skills improves the child's sleight of hand and the speed of his reaction, which in the future will positively affect the ability to write quickly and beautifully.
When school teachers and psychologists decide whether the kid is ready for training, they evaluate it according to the following criteria:
- the ability to communicate, concentrate, think and reason logically;
- degree of development of attention, memory, imagination;
- preparing a child's hand to teach writing.
It is the fine motor skills of the hands responsible for the development of these skills.
Games for the development of fine motor skills can be very diverse: from simple tasks for babies, for example, to take a rattle, to more complex, designed for children of older preschool age, for example, draw a picture by points.
Games for the development of fine motor skills
All games for the development of fine motor skills in children can be conditionally divided into the following types.
Massage of palms and fingers .To do this, you can play with the baby in all the famous game "The Magpie."To the child of younger preschool age the following game will be interesting: the adult on a palm of the kid the finger draws letters, figures, figures, and the child guesses that is drawn.
Games with small objects :
- Adult takes a vessel and pours into it a uniform filler, for example, sand, croup, beads of the same diameter, pellets or other small items. Then he offers the baby one by one to shove hands into each vessel and mix its contents for 5 minutes. After the child several times mixes the contents of all the vessels, he is blindfolded and helps to lower his hands into any vessel. He must feel by touch what kind of filler is in the vessel.
- The adult pours out a lot of beads or buttons before the child and suggests to string them on the line, observing a certain order, for example, only large or only light, or one large, one small.
- Children over two years can be invited to collect puzzles or mosaic of large parts.
Finger Games .The adult gives the child an elastic band for hair 4-5 cm in diameter. The baby inserts the fingers of one hand into the elastic band and tries to rotate the fingers of the elastic band first clockwise, and then counter-clockwise.
Modeling of .The child sculpts from plasticine figures, letters, geometric figures. And then, with his eyes closed, he tries to determine by touch the shape of the figure in front of him.
Drawing and application :
- For the development of fine motor skills, it is very useful to draw. In addition to the usual drawing and painting pictures, you can invite the child to draw geometric figures or animals through a stencil, draw a pencil path through the labyrinth, circle the outline of circles or squares.
- Work with the baby application( cutting and subsequent gluing small parts), cutting and painting "snowflakes" of paper.
Use household items. For effective development of fine motor skills, the baby can use household items. Put the usual twisting jars of different diameter in front of the child and a saucer with small objects( beads, buttons or peas).Ask the baby to arrange the objects in jars. Over time, the task can be complicated, for example, in the first jar you have to put one object, in the second two, and so to ten. You can also offer the child to put on his father's shirt and try to fasten and unfasten all the buttons on it.
In the store you can buy a child a lacing game developed by Maria Montessori. Lacing games contribute to the development of the child's attention, eye, sensorimotor coordination, spatial orientation, strengthen the fingers and brush of the baby, and, of course, teach them to lace, which will later help the children to lace their shoes on their own.
As you can see, the timely development of fine motor skills in the child's hands is necessary in order that in the future he can easily master new knowledge during schooling. At the same time, classes with the baby are not complicated and they can be conducted in a home environment.