All moms and dads are looking forward to the moment when their baby will make his first hesitant steps. At the same time, some parents experience, but in time their child has gone;others think which shoes to buy a crumb;some do not know how to make sure that the small researcher's movements around the apartment are safe for him. Therefore, in this article we will give answers to all the questions that parents may have about the child's first steps.
In most cases, babies make their first steps at one-year-old age, but if your baby did it a few months earlier or later, do not worry. The norm is considered if the child has gone from 9 to 18 months.
At what age the toddlers begin to walk, many factors influence, we list some of them:
- constitutional features of the structure of the child's body;
- the temperament of the toddler: well-fed and quiet children make their first steps later, and active and mobile non-sitting before.
It happens that the first attempts of crumbs
Only at first glance walking seems easy. In fact, this method of movement requires a crumb of coordinated work of the vestibular apparatus, cerebellum, motor( motor) zones of the cerebral cortex, various muscle groups. In order to walk smoothly, the child must learn to coordinate well his movements, and keep his balance. Therefore, every child begins to take the first steps when his vestibular apparatus and nervous system ripen;ligaments, bones of the skeleton, muscles of the back and legs become strong enough to withstand a vertical load.
In situations when by 1 year the child did not go, and parents are very worried about this, it is worthwhile to show the crumbs to the orthopedist and the neurologist. If the doctors do not reveal any pathology in the baby, and the child is actively moving on all fours or crawling, then do not worry, the lack of attempts to walk until 16-18 months is not a cause for excitement.
One of the questions that parents of the child who makes the first steps need is what shoes to buy the baby. The foot of a crumb beginning to walk is not yet fully formed: the ligaments are elastic and expandable, its muscles are still weak, and the physiological curves did not take shape. Therefore, an incorrect load on the foot can cause a violation of its development. To prevent this, it is very important to choose the right footwear for your child. Children's shoes should fix the feet of the baby, promote the natural formation of the arches of the foot and the correct distribution of the load, prevent the development of flat feet.
Orthopedists recommend buying the first shoes or sandals for crumbs when he started making his first attempts to get up on his feet. Children's shoes should be comfortable, lightweight, made from natural materials and at the same time meet the following requirements:
- shoes should be well kept on the foot and do not fall off it;
- shoes should not lose their shape when walking;
- clasp is reliable and comfortable, it fixes the leg well in the ankle;
- insole absolutely flat( without instep);
- back closed, hard, high to the ankle, well fixes the heel;
- outsole with a small heel( up to 0.5 cm), non-slip, with a relief surface, bending, moderately stiff;
- the toe of the shoe should be wide, round and hard enough so that it can protect the toddler's fingers from injury.
Children's shoes not only protects the child's legs from injuries, but also contributes to the correct formation of his foot. Therefore, do not wear out shoes for older children, as worn boots or sandals take the shape of the foot of the "first" owner and will no longer "sit" correctly on the foot of the other child. Wearing "someone else's" shoes can cause pathology of the formation of feet.
It is important not only to find a store in which good and high-quality footwear for children is sold, but also to choose the right baby for his first shoes or sandals. The following recommendations for choosing children's shoes will help you with this:
- choose shoes with the child, so that he immediately tried it on;
- trying on shoes better in the afternoon, as for a day any leg is a little swollen;
- , before buying a shoe, allow the child to walk in it for 5-10 minutes, so that he can understand it comfortably in it or not;
- choosing between sandals with open and closed toe, give preference to the latter;
- distance from the toes of the baby to the edge of the shoe insole should not exceed 1-1.5 cm;
- it is not worth buying shoes for a child several sizes larger( for growth), since the foot in it will be poorly fixed, which can lead to incorrect foot formation and injuries;
- if the baby's feet are slightly different in length and fullness, then choose the shoes on the foot that is larger.
Since the moment the child begins to walk, the main concern of his parents is the question of how to ensure that he does not get injured. In order not to overshadow the enthusiasm of a young pedestrian with constant bans and cries, dad and mom should protect the home environment surrounding the baby. To do this, it is recommended to go down to the level of its growth, and from this height to see which items are potentially dangerous for him.
In the rooms there should be no things that the child could overturn or turn over, special plugs should be put on the sockets, electrical appliances should be disconnected from the sockets, the wires hidden, and the corners of the furniture covered. Dangerous rooms are the kitchen and bathroom. Therefore, the doors in them must always be closed. Medicines, household chemicals, shaving accessories and other potentially dangerous items must be stored in a place inaccessible to the baby.
The child's first steps are still timid and insecure, but only a few weeks or months will pass and he will be able to walk and run confidently on his own. And the task of parents is to help the baby safely master this new skill.