Parents are very worried when the child has to go to kindergarten. As you know, children react differently to the coming changes. Whether the child will like in the kindergarten, whether he will quickly get used to it, depends on how much it will be prepared. Let's work out together what problems can arise and how to make the adaptation process softer.
What is Adaptation?
Adaptation is the process of adapting the organism to the changing conditions of the external environment. In any person, the process of adaptation requires a large expenditure of mental energy and passes with tension, and sometimes overstraining mental and physical forces.
Starting to attend a kindergarten, the kids face a number of difficulties. There are cardinal changes in life. It is especially difficult for a child to get used to the fact that now he will have to:
- observe the strict regime of the day;
- is away from parents;
- constantly communicate and find common language with peers;
- obey the caregiver;
- learn to do without personal attention.
What is the best age?
Recently, it is widely believed that the best age to start visiting a kindergarten is up to three years. It is believed that at this age the baby is easier to adapt to the new environment, he rarely has problems with accustoming to the garden. In fact, this phenomenon has both positive and negative sides. Yasel children, as a rule, are more willing to attend a kindergarten, are more obedient and attached to caregivers. But on the other hand, there is a violation of the natural development of a sense of attachment to parents and the house
Therefore, child psychologists recommend to sit with a child up to 3-4 years, if the parents have such an opportunity. In the case of the birth of a second child, a child over the age of two years can be a good helper for the mother. In this case, the need to help my mother and take care of a younger brother or sister brings up a sense of responsibility.
Which children can adapt more easily?
There is a group of children who can easily find a common language with a tutor and other children. Visiting a kindergarten for them is not at all a problem. This group includes:
- children, prepared in advance for the kindergarten;
- physically healthy children who do not have chronic diseases, as well as predispositions to catarrhal diseases;
- children who have the skills of independence, who already without difficulty eat, dress, go to the toilet;
- children with a regime close to the kindergarten regime.
If these rules are not met, then the child may have problems adapting. Particular difficulties experienced by children, going to kindergarten for which it becomes a surprise. Therefore, if the parents plan in advance to give the baby to the kindergarten, they need to try to do their best to prepare the child.
How to prepare a child?
The main thing is that in going to the kindergarten, the child understands well where he goes, why and what he should expect. To do this, parents need to tell the baby what a kindergarten is, to reassure that there is nothing to worry about, but, conversely, it's fun and interesting. It is possible to show in advance where the building of the kindergarten is located, together to observe how children play on a walk. If there is such a possibility, you should get acquainted with the tutor and the group in advance. It will be easier for a child to join a collective, if some children will already know him.
It is also necessary:
- to pay attention to the mode of the day, as close as possible to the regime of the garden;
- bring the child's menu closer to kindergarten, eliminate snacks between meals, reduce the caloric intake of food;
- to temper the baby, it must be remembered that in the kindergarten the child is more susceptible to various diseases than at home;
- prepare the crumb to easily end the parting with the mother, this can help rituals( waving to each other's hands, kissing on the cheek);
- prepare the child for communication with peers, walk with other children more, explain to the baby how to behave( play together, do not swear);
- teach the child to keep track of their belongings, share toys.
How to organize a morning?
To get rid of many problems associated with going to kindergarten will help a properly organized morning. To do this, you must follow a few simple rules:
- Talk with your child calmly and confidently, describing every necessary action. This will help avoid panic, rush, but will force the child to assemble, not sit around. In the collections is well helped by a favorite toy( a bunny who has already gathered and wants to go to the kindergarten).
- To take the kid to the kindergarten follows that of the parents with whom the child is easier to part with.
- It is necessary to calm the child, saying that you will necessarily come for him and indicate when it will happen.
- After parting, you should immediately leave, confidently and without turning around. If the mother stumbles for a long time in indecision, the child also begins to worry.
Which mistakes should I avoid?
Sometimes parents by their misconduct themselves provoke a child to worry and hysteria. In no case do not make such mistakes:
- Do not punish or scold crumbs for crying at parting or at home when mentioning that you need to go to the kindergarten.
- Do not make the kid promise that he will behave well. At this age, children do not know how to keep their word. So do not scold the child for breaking his promise, you yourself forced to give it.
- Do not intimidate the kindergarten. The place that causes fear, can not become loved and safe.
- Do not give up badly about the teacher and the kindergarten. The child understands everything and will begin to fear the kindergarten even more.
- Do not be fooled that you'll be back soon.
Proper preparation for the kindergarten will help to avoid all negative manifestations related to the adaptation of the child to the kindergarten. Only restrained and benevolent behavior of parents can nullify tantrums and unrest, and after a while the baby will become more independent and will gain many useful skills.