Many women after birth notice a significant deterioration of their hair. They become dull, weakened, intensively fall out. Why do hair climb after giving birth and how to deal with it? Consider the reasons for this unpleasant condition and how to restore the hair after childbirth.
Why does the hair come after delivery?
The main cause of hair loss after childbirth experts call a physiological cause. It consists in the fact that in the body of a woman there is a failure in the phase of hair growth. Due to this condition in the last months of pregnancy, hair stops at the stage of growth. Then, after childbirth, he quickly passes into the stage of rest. The woman notices that her hair falls out intensively. But in fact it falls out those hair that did not fall out in the last 2-3 months of pregnancy. This condition of the hair is absolutely physiological and normal in the first 3-4 months after delivery.
If after 5-6 months after birth the woman's hair does not begin to regenerate, you need to look
Internal causes of that climb the hair after childbirth:
- Breaking the hormonal background. Doctors warn that if hair loss does not stop within a year after childbirth or if hair falls out by shreds, you need to turn to the trichologist for help. The doctor will prescribe special studies of the hormonal background of the woman and, if necessary, select hormonal therapy.
- The lack of vitamins and minerals. During pregnancy and lactation, the female body actively consumes vitamins and minerals to ensure the development of the baby. Therefore, a sufficiently long period is needed to restore their quantity. The woman after giving birth and during breastfeeding should pay special attention to the diet. It is important that it is rich in all the necessary nutrients.
- Conducting an operation( caesarean section) during childbirth. Anesthesia has a negative effect on the entire body, including the condition of the hair.
- Constant lack of sleep, stress, fatigue.
- Exacerbation of diseases that previously occurred asymptomatically( hypothyroidism, systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis).
In addition, there are also external reasons for the hair to climb after delivery:
- Bad condition of the scalp, for example, increased activity of the sebaceous glands.
- Exposure to the environment - overdrying, ultraviolet, heat, dust, water with chlorine.
- Incorrect hair care( incorrectly selected shampoo, frequency of washing hair).
How to restore hair after delivery?
As mentioned above, if the hair does not cease to drop out for a long time after delivery, it is necessary to seek medical help from a doctor.
In order to restore the condition of the hair, a woman must, first of all, correctly organize her daily routine. Of course, in the first months after childbirth, this is difficult to do, since it is necessary to devote a lot of time to caring for a child. But, nevertheless, mum should try to get enough sleep, to walk on fresh air, to avoid stresses and excitements.
Determining importance for the improvement of the condition of hair after childbirth belongs to a properly selected diet. A woman's body should receive the necessary amount of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. And, naturally, it is very important that the products contain vitamins, macro- and microelements. Consider what vitamins are needed from hair loss after birth:
- Vitamin A strengthens the roots, prevents hair loss, improves their growth. The sources of vitamin A are carrots, bell peppers, pumpkin, broccoli, spinach.
- Vitamins of group B are necessary for good growth, shine of hair, prevent their thinning. Vitamins of this group are found in nuts, cabbage, beans, potatoes.
- Vitamin C is needed for good circulation of the scalp, which provides nutrition to the hair follicles. Rich in vitamin C are sweet peppers, apples, greens, dog-rose, zucchini, sea-buckthorn berries.
- Vitamin E( tocopherol) controls the transport of oxygen in the circulatory system. With a deficiency of vitamin E, hair falls out, splits, breaks, and loses its shine. Most of this vitamin is found in nuts, vegetable oils, broccoli, spinach, lettuce.
- Vitamin PP( niacinamide, nicotinic acid) improves microcirculation of the scalp, nutrition of hair follicles, stimulates hair growth, reduces their loss. A large amount of vitamin PP is found in root crops( beetroot, carrot, parsnip, rep), pumpkin, zucchini, eggplant, garlic, onion.
There are special complexes of minerals and vitamins from hair loss after childbirth. If a woman is breastfeeding, it is better to consult a doctor before starting their use. The fact is that some vitamins can cause allergic reactions in a baby who is breastfed.
The most popular vitamin complexes for hair growth are the following drugs:
- Revalid - contains vitamins and amino acids to accelerate hair growth, nail health.
- Alphabet - for better absorption, vitamins and minerals are divided into three groups.
- Perfectil - is characterized by an extremely rich composition of vitamins and minerals.
- Evisent - the composition of the complex includes yeast and sulfur( needed for hair structure).
In addition, to improve the condition of the hair after childbirth can be done with the help of folk remedies. Many women note the effectiveness of masks, decoctions according to the recipes of traditional medicine.
Very effective are masks with the use of oils such as burdock, castor, olive. It is also good to use in essential oils essential oils of jojoba, chamomile, avocado, lemon, rosemary, sage.
Excellent proven themselves in the treatment of hair after delivery, infusions and herbal teas - burdock root, aura, chamomile flowers, nettle leaves, coltsfoot, cones of hops, honeysuckle fragrant.