Do I need to do exercises for pregnant women? What types of load are allowed?
In order to maintain a beautiful figure, not gain weight, keep muscles in tone, a pregnant woman should perform simple exercises. It is proved that they come to form more quickly after birth and physically active women give birth more easily.
Before performing exercises for pregnant women, check with your gynecologist. Practically all doctors do not advise to go in for sports until 16 weeks, when the risk of miscarriage is maximal. Under the following circumstances, physical exercises are prohibited:
- circulatory disorders;
- inflammatory diseases( thrombophlebitis, endometritis, etc.);
- diseases of the bladder and kidneys( nephrosis, glomerulonephritis, pyelocystitis, etc.);
- complications during pregnancy( bleeding, toxicosis, threat of premature birth, threat of miscarriage, etc.).
Basic recommendations for future mothers
- Eliminate exercises on the press, running, jumping and sharp movements.
- Monitor the pulse, it should not be above 150 beats per minute.
- The safest and most useful for pregnant women are aerobics, walking, swimming and walking outdoors.
- Movement should be smooth and designed to strengthen the muscles of the perineum, abdomen and respiratory muscles.
- Immediately stop the session if you feel that the uterus has strained.
- The duration of the lessons should not be more than 10 minutes. Be sure to take a 2-minute break.
There are schools for pregnant women, where trainings are conducted by instructors. You can do it yourself, following the advice of a doctor.
Pregnancy exercises are divided into three main complexes in terms of pregnancy:
- Exercises for pregnant women.1 trimester( up to 16 weeks).
- Exercises for pregnant women.2 trimester( from 17 to 31 weeks).
- Exercises for pregnant women.3 trimester( from 32 to 40 weeks).
With increasing pregnancy, the number of exercises, their complexity and intensity decreases.
Exercises for pregnant women. During this period there is a restructuring of the body. The woman is quickly tired. The need for oxygen increases, and the cardiovascular system becomes easily excitable. Be as cautious as possible in the dosage of the load, as in the first trimester the probability of miscarriage is increased.
Shows exercises for general relaxation of the body and breathing exercises. Avoid exercises that provoke an increase in intra-abdominal pressure( sharp slopes, raising of straight legs, swinging the press).
The purpose of the exercises is to improve the skills of full breathing, tension and relaxation of muscles, adaptation to physical stresses, creating favorable conditions for fetal development.
Exercises for pregnant women. As this period is characterized by intensive growth and development of the fetus.
The purpose of the exercises is to improve blood supply, strengthen the press and increase the elasticity of the pelvic floor, develop plasticity and flexibility of the spine.
In the 2nd trimester of pregnancy, the placenta begins to work, the frequency of heart contractions, blood volume, oxygen consumption increases. The coordination of the respiratory and cardiovascular systems can be achieved by doing light sports.
During this period, exercises are needed to train the muscles of the pelvic floor, abdominal muscles, back muscles, chest breathing. It is useful to perform exercises to relax the muscles of the press, the femoral and gluteus muscles.
The initial positions of the exercises: standing, sitting, lying on his side( except the position, lying on his stomach).
In the classes you can include:
- alternating movements with your feet from the "lying on the side" position;
- turns the case with a slight slope to the side and forward;
- mixing and breeding of the legs, as well as crossing the lying and sitting with resistance;
- shallow squatting on widely spaced legs;
- jiggling of the trunk;
- free walking;
- breathing exercises.
From the 26th to the 32nd week, the period of the most intensive work of the heart comes. It is advisable at this time to reduce the load, reducing the number of repetitions of exercises.
During pregnancy, the pressure in the veins of the uterus and the venous pressure in the legs increase. Because of the complicated outflow of blood from the legs, swelling of the lower extremities is observed. At some women during this period there is an expansion of veins. In this case, it is necessary to reduce the initial standing position in the classroom.
Exercises for pregnant women. The purpose of the exercises is to improve blood circulation, stimulate breathing, fight venous stasis, increase the mobility of the spine, strengthen the long back muscles.
During this period, the development and growth of the fetus continues, the weight of the body and stomach increases. The respiratory system, the work of the heart, experience tension.
In this regard, the overall exercise load is much reduced. The nature of the distribution of the load: the greater number of exercises to be directed to the shoulder girdle and hands, the smaller - to the muscles of the lower limbs. It is necessary to limit the amplitude of movements, especially legs, movements of the body. Do not tilt the body forward. Occupations should not increase intra-abdominal pressure. Do those exercises for pregnant women that do not cause negative feelings.
The emphasis should be on breathing exercises. In the last weeks of pregnancy, you should introduce the elements that the expectant mother will perform during childbirth.
Kegel exercises for pregnant women are "exercises" for the perineum, excellent preparation for the forthcoming birth. Exercises Kegel for pregnant women are training the muscles of the pelvic floor. Such exercises help to avoid the omission of female organs, urinary incontinence and other consequences after childbirth. First you need to find and feel the muscle responsible for the elasticity of the vagina and perineum. Then open it and squeeze it. Plus, no one will notice that you are doing the exercises.
So, performing Kegel exercises for pregnant women promotes:
- to fast and easy childbirth( helps to avoid gaps in the perineum);
- strengthening of muscles;
- rapid recovery in the postpartum period;
- improve physical health, mood, appearance.