Summer is probably the most expected season of the year. Always warm, the sun shines, you can go to the beach and sunbathe. But it is not always possible to do without certain difficulties and problems. In this article I want to tell you what to do with a sunstroke and how to properly diagnose this condition.
What is it?
At the very beginning you need to understand what a sunstroke is. This is a set of symptoms that arise from prolonged exposure to the human body( most often uncovered head) of exposed sunlight. If we talk about this problem, then a person receives a portion of heat a little more than her body can handle. The natural cooling paths do not work, and a sunstroke occurs. It is important to note that you do not need to consider this state as something simple and not dangerous. After all, blood stagnation occurs in the brain, the vessels expand, and free radicals accumulate in the tissues. Experts say that this condition almost always threatens the normal operation of the cardiovasc
What do you need to know when studying sunshine and heat stroke? Symptoms, symptoms that indicate this condition, is something that everyone should know. So, it must first be noted that physicians distinguish three degrees of sunstroke. The first of them is easy. In this condition, the following symptoms are observed:
- Headache, nausea often occurs.
- General weakness.
- There is also an enlargement of the pupils.
- In patients, the pulse and respiration rate increases.
What should I do with a sunstroke, if it is the first, light degree? So, the victim must first be transferred to the shadow. First of all, it must be moved to a well-ventilated and necessarily cool room. Next, you need to provide first aid. If the patient is sick, put it in such a way that in case of vomiting, he does not choke with outgoing masses.
Average severity of
What symptoms may indicate that the affected person has a moderate impact of sunshine?
- Severe headache, accompanied by nausea and vomiting.
- Dizziness, unsteady person movements, unsteady gait.
- Feeling of stunnedness.
- Pulse and breathing will be rapid.
- There may be bleeding from the nose.
- Body temperature can rise to 39-40 ° C.
- The victim may have a syncope.
- A person has a sharp adynamy, i.e., weakness, loss of strength.
In this case, a thermal or sun stroke develops suddenly. A person suddenly blushes face( hyperemia), then it becomes deadly pale. The consciousness( hallucinations, delirium) can change up to a coma. Often there are convulsions( clonic, tonic), there may be involuntary discharge of urine and feces. Body temperature sometimes reaches 41-42 ° C.Approximately in 25-30% of cases the case ends with the death of the victim.
What to do with a sunstroke, how to help a person cope with this condition?
- The victim should be immediately transferred or transferred to a place where there is no open sunlight. It can be a shadow of a tree or a cool, sufficiently ventilated room.
- The person needs to be put. So the severity of the symptoms will be less vivid.
- The injured person should be drunk with cool water. It's also good to add a teaspoon of sugar and a little salt. This is important for restoring the water-salt balance in the body.
- The face and entire body of a person should be moistened with cool water.
- You can put a cool compress or ice wrapped around the head( to avoid injury to tissues).
- If necessary, the airway of the victim should be freed from vomit.
- If necessary, the patient should be given a heart massage or artificial respiration.
- To bring a person to consciousness, you need to give him a sniff of ammonia vapors from cotton wool or 10% ammonia solution.
What should I do with a sunstroke if a person is overheated? In this case, it is recommended that the victim be immediately sent to the hospital. This is the only way to help him in the severe form of this condition.
How to deal with the consequences of
What to do after a sunstroke when the main symptomatology has passed? So, experts recommend using buttermilk, i.e. skimmed cream. To completely cope with this condition, you need to drink 2-3 glasses of this product daily.
As you know, it is better to prevent the problem than to fight it. That's why it's always worth remembering that you need to observe security measures while staying in the open sun.
- The head should be hidden under a well ventilated light headgear. You need to hide your eyes with glasses with dark glass.
- It should be remembered that it is forbidden to stay under the open sunlight for a long time( if it is a question, for example, about the beach).You need to periodically dip into the water to cool the body.
- You can not stay in the sun from 11 to 16 hours. At this time it is too active and harmful for a person.
- If you want to sunbathe, do it better not lying, but in motion( for example, playing beach volleyball).So the body will be better cooled.
- When outdoors on a hot, sunny day, you should wear light light clothing made from natural fabrics.
- If you have to stay in the sun for a long time, you need to maintain a water-salt balance. To do this, you need to drink water in large quantities.
If the first symptoms of overheating occur, you need to seek the help of a doctor.